What We’re Looking For…
Currently, we are seeking an Application Analyst to join our team! This person is responsible for supporting all applications company-wide. Including, but not strictly limited to – skilled nursing, assisted living, home health, hospice, pharmacy, physician office, finance, HR, operations, dining, amenities, construction, warehouse, sales, and marketing. Manages projects as assigned by the Director of Information Technology. This role plays an integral part in the coordination, development, implementation, evaluation, training, and maintenance of application systems.
Job Functions (essential):
- Serves as a key onsite IT support member for all applications.
- Manages application projects as assigned by the Director of Information Technology.
- Trains users in the proper usage of the applications.
- Provides general computer user/desktop support by answering the IT help desk calls in a rotation.
- Collaborates with departmental leaders and assists them in defining opportunities for improvement.
- Identifies reporting requirements, and creates reports, special forms and customizations as needed.
- Performs administrative functions as directed.
- Tests applications and works with vendors to correct any issues.
- Troubleshoots problems related to operating systems, Microsoft Office, and applications.
- Troubleshoots hardware problems related to computers and peripherals and passes on to IT Support Technician if needed.
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
- Reports unresolved issues to the Director of Information Technology and records problem resolutions in the appropriate logs.
- Participates in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements:
- Technical expertise including knowledge of current computer technologies, peripheral equipment, and applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of terminology pertaining to healthcare.
- Ability to interpret manual instructions to enable quick and accurate diagnosis of system difficulties.
- Proven ability to speak and write well in English including appropriate grammar, spelling, punctuation, and syntax.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Knowledge of current business and clinical operations and processes
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed within the department.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Strong critical thinking skills required.
- Ability to work with diverse groups including physicians, front-line clinical staff, leaders and residents.
- Ability to work as a team member in a team environment.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to drive company vehicle including a golf cart.
- Bachelors’ degree or four years relevant work experience.
- Three years of progressive experience in the information systems field involving application support, Microsoft technologies, or comparable experience as a super user.
- One year desktop support experience preferred.
- Evidence of continuing education, such as certifications, is a plus
- Understanding of and ability to support the implementation of interfaces.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to use and/or learn Crystal Reports.
What You’re Looking For…
One of the top 25 employers in Lee County, Shell Point boasts a caring and compassionate work environment where employees genuinely care for the residents they serve. It is an environment of kindness and dignity that sets us apart from the rest. With approximately 2,400 residents and more than 1,100 employees, Shell Point Retirement Community is the largest of its kind in the State of Florida and the second largest in the country. We believe, as our residents and employees do, that Shell Point is a truly unique place and may represent the smartest choice you can make for your future.
Employees mean everything to us which is why we strive to provide a total compensation package that is so much more than just a paycheck. In addition to pay, total compensation includes health and wellness plans, rewards and incentives, perks and paid time-off as well as an assortment of other benefits that aim to increase financial security, offer professional development, and promote a healthy, fulfilling life. We recognize that our continued and unparalleled success as one of the largest life care communities in the country is thanks to our team of dedicated, compassionate, and talented employees who choose to make Shell Point their second home. Our commitment is to offering them a great work environment with competitive pay, great benefits and perks.
Health & Wellness
- Medical, Vision & Dental
- FREE Onsite Health Clinic with FREE Generic Prescriptions
- 403(b) with Company Match
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Free Annual Flu Shot
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted Employee Café
- Bridge Toll Reimbursement
- Corporate Discounts
- Tuition Discounts & Scholarships
- Interest Free Emergency Loan Program
- Referral Bonus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.