Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
The Club at Shell Point is an 18 hole semi-private facility located in Fort Myers, Florida. Shell Point is a Gordon Lewis design that opened in 2000 consisting of 419 Bermuda fairways and roughs, ‘Celebration’ Bermuda tees and recent fully renovated greens in 2013 with Platinum TE paspalum.
This position is responsible for assisting with implementing and maintaining procedures and processes for accomplishing goals and meeting standards for the daily course operations including course conditioning, staff related issues, and administrative duties as needed.
Candidate will have minimum 2 year degree in horticulture, agronomy or other plant/soil related science, or 3-4 years related golf course experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Candidate will possess working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course greens, tees, fairways, and roughs, irrigation and drainage control methods and proper use of fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides
Duties and Requirements:
- Assist with scheduling, planning and supervising for the daily course operations
- Operate the maintenance department in the absence of the Golf Course Superintendent
- Assist with hiring and training of staff
- Assists the superintendent with operational and capital budgeting
- Ensures all equipment is maintained properly
- Assist with or fill in for IPM or Irrigation Specialist as needed and supervises product applications
- Maintains proper playing conditions for the course
- Alternates weekend supervision
- Must possess a valid Florida Commercial Ornamental & Turf pesticide applicator license
- Must be safety oriented and assists with conducting and recording monthly safety meetings
- Operates all equipment necessary for the golf maintenance operations
- Accomplish maintenance tasks as needed on the course along with other staff
We offer our full benefits package after working 60 days, a 403b retirement plan with company match after 1 year of employment, and a company contribution, generous PTO (paid time off), a possible annual bonus, and much more!
Job Status: Full Time